The TXM24X3B StepSERVO™ Integrated Motor is a drive+encoder+motor unit, fusing a NEMA 24 step motor and a servo drive into a single device. Power to the drive, located at the rear of the motor, must be supplied by an external DC supply. See Recommended Products below for compatible power supplies.
StepSERVO™ Closed-Loop Stepper Technology with IP65 rating
StepSERVO technology combines the high torque capabilities of a step motor with the closed loop dynamic control of a servo system. The result is a highly configurable all-in-one motion control solution that operates quietly and efficiently, requiring only the minimum amount of current to maintain commanded position and velocity. Boost (or peak) torque that is higher than the rated holding torque increases the limits of acceleration, leading to faster cycle times. StepSERVO integrated motors can be applied in systems where a traditional stepper motor would not be capable of achieving the high accuracy required.
TruCount™ Multi-Turn, Absolute Encoder Technology
TruCount™ absolute encoders provide the ultimate in hassle-free positioning of rotary and linear axes. TruCount encoders are multi-turn, absolute encoders that don't require batteries or external power to track encoder position while the motor is powered off. There are no mechanical gears in TruCount encoders. The encoders make use of a novel energy harvesting technique that continues to track motor position when the motor is powered off. Any amount of displacement in the shaft causes enough energy to be created for the motor to continue tracking its absolute position. It is an extremely effective approach to multi-turn, absolute position tracking. Utilizing multi-turn, absolute encoders in motion control applications reduces downtime by shortening machine power up sequences and eliminates the need for homing runs after power cycles and emergency stops (e-stops).
- Dual Ethernet ports for configuration, programming, and networking connections.
- Stream commands from a host controller to multiple axes using Applied Motion's Serial Command Language (SCL).
- Built-in support for EtherNet/IP and Modbus TCP industrial networking protocols.
- Dual RS-485 ports for configuration, programming, and networking connections.
- Stream commands from a host controller to as many as 32 axes using Applied Motion's Serial Command Language (SCL).
- Built-in support for Modbus RTU industrial networking protocol.
What's in the box
- TXM24X3B-IP or TXM24X3B-R integrated motor
- Quick Setup Guide (also available in Downloads)
- Power cable (required), see accessories below
- Communication cable (required), see accessories below
- I/O cable (recommended), see accessories below
- DC power supply (required), see accessories below
- Regen clamp (recommended), see accessories below