The TSM23C-3CG integrated StepSERVO™ is a drive+motor unit, fusing a NEMA 23 step motor and a servo drive into a single device. It is specifically designed to operate on a CANopen communication network and conforms to CAN in Automation (CiA) 301 and 402 specifications. It supports Profile Position, Profile Velocity, and Homing modes, as well as the ability to run stored Q programs via Applied Motion-specific CANopen objects. Power to the drive, located at the rear of the motor, must be supplied by an external DC supply. See Related and Recommended Products below for compatible 24 and 48 volt DC power supplies.
StepSERVO technology combines the high torque capabilities of a step motor with the closed loop dynamic control of a servo system. The result is a highly customizable all-in-one motion control solution that operates quietly and efficiently, requiring only the minimum amount of current to maintain commanded position and velocity. Boost torque of 25-50% higher than rated holding torque increases the limits of acceleration, leading to faster cycle times. StepSERVO integrated motors can be applied in systems where a traditional stepper motor would not be capable of achieving the high accuracy required.
This TSM23 CANopen StepSERVO comes with 8 digital inputs, 4 digital outputs, and 1 analog input. The digital inputs accept signals of 5-24 VDC and can be used for connecting end-of-travel limit switches, PLC outputs, sensors, or many other signal types. The digital outputs can be connected to PLC inputs, counters, lights, relays, or other devices. The analog input accepts 0-5 VDC signals and can be used as an additional sensor input.
The TSM23C-3CG features two communication ports that can be used for either RS-232 or CANbus connections. An integral 5000-line (20,000 count/rev) incremental encoder is housed inside the same enclosure as the drive electronics and used for closed-loop servo control to attain highly accurate position and velocity control. Encoder counts can be accessed over the network or from within the Q program using SCL registers. All TSM23 units are setup, configured and tuned using Applied Motion’s Step-Servo Quick Tuner software with built in Q Programmer.
What’s in the Box?
- TSM23C-3CG integrated motor
- Mating power connector (2-pin)
- 3004-318-2M I/O cable (for details see Accessories below)
- 3004-311-1M CANopen cable (for details see Accessories below)
- 3004-313-1M RS-485/CANopen cable (for details see Accessories below)
- 3004-317 programming cable
- Quick Setup Guide (also available in Downloads)
- DC power supply (required), see Power Supplies below
- Regen clamp (optional), see Accessories below
- Additional accessories available below
- This integrated StepSERVO™ motor is UL Recognized in the US and Canada, file no. E515393.