MDX Integrated Servo Motors combine the high torque-density, low rotor-inertia design of J Series servo motors with the all-digital servo drive technology of the SV200 Servo Drives. The result is an integrated, all-in-one servo motor where feedback, servo drive and servo controller are housed in the same package as the motor. There are no cables to connect the servo drive to the motor. Power, I/O signals and communications are plugged directly into the connectors on the motor.
IP65 Rating and M12 Connectors
Each MDXL61GN3 integrated servo motor features an IP65 environmental rating for operation in wet and dusty environments. M12 connectors for all electrical signals ensure water and dust-tight connections for safe operation in splash zones. Gasket seals at all internal mechanical interfaces and a front shaft seal complete the protective barriers built into the motor design.
Inputs and Outputs
For connecting to external devices via control signals, limit switches, proximity or photoelectric sensors, PLC I/O, and more, this motor features 5 digital inputs, 4 digital outputs and 2 analog inputs. The function of each I/O point is configured with the MDX Servo Suite software. Details on wiring different I/O types can be found in the MDX Hardware Manual (see Downloads tab).
Available Part Numbers:
There are three different communication options to choose from, as shown in the table below. Every MDX Integrated Servo Motor is capable of stored program execution using Applied Motion Products' Q Programming language.
- Dual CANbus ports for operation as a slave node on CANopen networks.
- Conforms to Can in Automation (CiA) DS301 and DS402 specifications.
- Supports Profile Position, Profile Velocity and Homing modes, as well as the ability to run stored Q programs via Applied Motion-specific CANopen objects.
- Dual fast 10/100 Mbit Ethernet ports for configuration, programming and networking connections.
- Stream commands from a host controller to multiple axes using Applied Motion's Serial Command Language (SCL) over Ethernet. Supports both Ethernet TCP and UDP messaging.
- Built-in support for Modbus TCP communications.
- Dual RS-485 ports for configuration, programming, and networking connections.
- Stream commands from a host controller to as many as 32 axes using Applied Motion's Serial Command Language (SCL).
- Built-in support for Modbus RTU communications.
All MDX Integrated Servo Motors are CE approved and RoHS compliant.
What's in the box?
- MDXL61GN3... Integrated Servo Motor
- Quick Setup Guide (also available in Downloads)
Not included in box
- DC power supply (required), see accessories below
- Mating cables (required), see accessories below
- Regen clamp (optional), see accessories below
- USB to serial adapter for RS-485 and CANopen units (optional), see accessories below