MDX Integrated Servo Motors combine the high torque-density, low rotor-inertia design of J Series servo motors with the all-digital servo drive technology of the SV200 Servo Drives. The result is an integrated, all-in-one servo motor where feedback, servo drive and servo controller are housed in the same package as the motor. There are no cables to connect the servo drive to the motor. Power, I/O signals and communications are plugged directly into the connectors on the motor.
Inputs and Outputs
For connecting to external devices via control signals, limit switches, proximity or photoelectric sensors, PLC I/O, and more, this motor features 8 digital inputs, 4 digital outputs and 2 analog inputs. The function of each I/O point is configured with the MDX Servo Suite software. Details on wiring different I/O types can be found in the MDX Hardware Manual (see Downloads tab).
Note: Flying lead I/O cable is sold separately, P/N 3004-318 .
Available Part Numbers:
There are two different communication options to choose from, as shown in the table below. Every MDX Integrated Servo Motor is capable of stored program execution using Applied Motion Products' Q Programming language.
- Dual CANbus ports for operation as a slave node on CANopen networks.
- Conforms to Can in Automation (CiA) DS301 and DS402 specifications.
- Supports Profile Position, Profile Velocity and Homing modes, as well as the ability to run stored Q programs via Applied Motion-specific CANopen objects.
- Dual RS-485 ports for configuration, programming, and networking connections.
- Stream commands from a host controller to as many as 32 axes using Applied Motion's Serial Command Language (SCL).
- Built-in support for Modbus RTU communications.
All MDX Integrated Servo Motors are CE approved and RoHS compliant.
What's in the box?
- MDXK62GN3... Integrated Servo Motor
- Mating connectors
- Daisy chain communication cable
- Host communication cable
- Quick Setup Guide (also available in Download)
Not included in box
- DC power supply (required), see accessories below
- I/O cable (required), see accessories below
- Regen clamp (optional), see accessories below
- USB to serial adapter (optional), see accessories below