- Stepper Drives
- Stepper Motors
- Integrated Steppers
- Servo Drives
- Servo Motors
- Brushless DC Drives
- Brushless DC Motors
- IP65 Stepper Motors
- IP65 Integrated Steppers
- Power Supplies
- Browse by Series
Upgrading Si Firmware
Upgrading Si Firmware
- 1240i, 3540i, Si2035, STAC6-Si, STAC6-Si-220, BLuDC4-Si, BLuDC9-Si, and BLuAC5-Si drives with firmware version 2.16 or later. Note that firmware versions 2.16 – 2.19 will not reflash if an error is present on the drive. This means, for example, that BLu servo drives must have a motor connected and be properly functioning before beginning firmware download. Firmware versions 2.20 and higher do not have this limitation.
- 1240i-485 drives with firmware version 2.21D or later.
- ST5-Si, ST10-Si, and SV7-Si drives with firmware version 2.23I or later.
New Si firmware periodically becomes available for the drives listed above. Any customer wishing to take advantage of a firmware upgrade can, at their option, use their serial programming cable to reflash their drive(s) to the latest firmware version.
- Install Si Firmware Downloader software.
The Si Firmware Downloader software is available in two locations:
- It is provided with the Software, Manuals & More CD, in the “FW Download” folder, file name “Si Firmware Downloader 1.xx.EXE”.
- It can also be downloaded directly from here.
Once copied or downloaded to your hard drive, install the software by double-clicking the executable file. During installation a shortcut will be placed in Start Menu, All Programs, Applied Motion Products.
- If you don’t already have the latest Si firmware file for your drive, contact Applied Motion Products at 800-525-1609 to request it. Note that each of the Si drives listed above has a unique firmware file. Make sure that the drive you wish to upgrade matches the firmware file you are attempting to download.
- Launch the Si Firmware Downloader and select the proper COM port on your PC. Connect your drive’s PC/MMI port to the same COM port on your PC using the serial programming cable supplied with your drive.
- Power the drive ON. If the drive was ON when you connected it to the PC power it OFF and then back ON. When the drive is properly connected you will see the drive’s model number (Model) and current firmware version(1) (Revision) in the Drive section of Si Firmware Downloader.
(1)If you don’t see the drive’s model number and current firmware version you may need to change the power-up mode of the drive. This can be done using the SCL Utility software. You’ll need to connect the drive to SCL Utility and send the command PM0 from the command line. Once you’ve changed the power-up mode retry this step.
- Open the firmware file for your drive by clicking the Open Firmware File… button.
- Make sure the jog inputs on the drive are not closed. Otherwise you may get an error during download.
- Download the firmware to the drive by clicking the Download to Drive… button. A window will appear when the download is complete. At that time you can power down the drive, disconnect it from the PC, and return to your application.
- Repeat steps 3 through 7 for all drives that you wish to upgrade.
For more information on your Applied Motion motor drives and other products contact Applied Motion directly at (800) 525-1609 or email@example.com.
Last modified December 1, 2008