- Stepper Drives
- Stepper Motors
- Integrated Steppers
- Servo Drives
- Servo Motors
- Brushless DC Drives
- Brushless DC Motors
- IP65 Stepper Motors
- IP65 Integrated Steppers
- Power Supplies
- Browse by Series
1pc. - $157.00
50pc. - $117.75View All Pricing
Regeneration Clamp for DC-Input Drives
- Compact regen clamp for DC-powered drives
- 50 W continuous
- 800 W peak
Many motor and drive systems require a clamp circuit to limit increases in power supply voltage when the motor is decelerating under load. This is commonly referred to as “regeneration”, and occurs when DC motors are driven by their load (backdriving). During regeneration the DC motor can produce enough voltage to actually exceed the input power supply voltage. Applied Motion drives can deal with regeneration by channeling the increased motor voltage back to the source power supply. However, if the voltage is not clamped to a safe level the power supply and/or drive can be damaged or destroyed.
- Model Number: RC-050
- Part Number: 1000-237
- Size: 4.0 × 3.0 × 2.2 inches
- Voltage Range: 24-80 VDC, no user adjustments
- Continuous Power: 50 W
- Peak Power: 800 W (50 W resistor)
- Connection: 6-pin screw terminal accepts 12-18 AWG wire
- LED: Green for presence of power supply voltage; Red when regen clamp is active.
- Protection: The power supply (not included) is protected by a diode from higher regen voltages than the RC-050 can itself withstand. If the clamp circuit were to fail this diode would continue to protect the power supply from over-voltage.
There are no manuals available at this time.