The following is a current list of job openings at Applied Motion Products.
If interested, please email a copy of your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
January 5, 2017. POSITION: Application Engineer, full time
Applied Motion Products specializes in high-precision, cost-effective motion control products. We offer a full complement of stepper and servo motors, drives, controllers, software and other select motion control components to a diverse customer base. We are currently seeking an Application Engineer to be located in our Watsonville, CA headquarters.
Application Engineers at Applied Motion Products are the primary pre-sales and post-sales engineering support for our sales channel and customer base, both domestic and abroad.
Travel Requirements: up to 50%
Region Covered: North America
- Represent Applied Motion in a professional and ethical manner.
- Provide technical support for AMP products via phone, email, chat, and on-site visits.
- Provide primary technical marketing and sales input to Engineering on product improvements to existing products and new product designs.
- Provide product recommendations to sales channel and customers based on application requirements and motor/drive sizing calculations.
- Specify, develop and provide training on AMP products to distributors and customers.
- Provide on-site installation and troubleshooting help to customers using AMP products.
- Provide pre and post-sale technical follow-up to key accounts.
- Travel up to 50% (15-25% typical) to support sales opportunities in the US and Canada.
- Four (4) year engineering degree, BSEE or BSME preferred.
- Minimum two (2) to five (5) years of engineering or technical support experience with motion control products in the industrial market.
- Excellent communication skills, including a desire to work with other people on a daily basis.
- Ability to multitask with strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of step motor systems, including the concepts of holding torque, open loop control, and microstepping.
- Knowledge of servo systems, including the concepts of continuous torque, peak torque, closed loop control, and PID tuning.
- Knowledge of motion control software, preferably with programming experience in either open (C, C++) or proprietary software languages.
- Knowledge of industrial fieldbus communications, preferably Ethernet, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, CANopen and RS-485.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Additional knowledge of related motion control components, such as HMIs, PLCs, sensors, actuators, etc. is preferred.
If interested email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Application Engineer position" in the subject line.