- EtherCAT® network control using CANopen over EtherCAT (CoE) adhering to CiA 402
- StepSERVO closed loop stepper technology featuring space vector current control
- Peak torques for greater acceleration and throughput
- Higher efficiency, lower power consumption than open loop step motors
- Motor frame sizes NEMA 11, 17, 23, 24 and 34
- Dual-port Ethernet for greater network topology support, including line and ring networks
- Keep-alive function with auxiliary power supply
- Stored program execution for increased motion control functionality
- 8 digital inputs, 4 digital outputs, optically isolated
- 2 analog inputs, software configurable
- Mini USB port for software configuration
about this product line.
Products in the Series
* Closeout priced products are highlighted in green.
|StepSERVO Drive||StepSERVO Drive with EtherCAT, 3 A||$397.00|
|StepSERVO Drive||StepSERVO Drive with EtherCAT, 5 A||$397.00|
|StepSERVO Drive||StepSERVO Drive with EtherCAT, 10 A||$397.00|
|Stepper Drive||DC Advanced Microstep Drive w/ Multi Fieldbus options||$154.00|
|Stepper Drive||DC Advanced Microstep Drive w/ Multi Fieldbus options||$165.00|
|Stepper Drive||DC Advanced Microstep Drive w/ Multi Fieldbus options||$176.00|
EtherCAT® is an Ethernet-based fieldbus system suitable for real-time communications requirements in automation technology. It provides short data update times and low communication jitter over a full-duplex Ethernet physical layer. All of this is to say that it’s a high performance industrial Ethernet network for automation.
Benefits of StepSERVO
StepSERVO technology is available on a range of drives, motors, and integrated motors from Applied Motion Products. The technology is based on the closed loop servo control of high torque step motors. The result is a motor and drive system that provides greater torque, acceleration, and throughput than traditional step motor systems. It also runs cooler, quieter, and smoother than conventional steppers.
To learn more about StepSERVO technology download the white paper.
The Product Line
There are three StepSERVO Drives and fourteen StepSERVO Motors in this series. Motor frame sizes include NEMA 11, 17, 23, 24 and 34. Products in this series are identified by an “SS” in the part number, such as the SS05-EC-D drive and the HT23-SS2DGB motor. A full complement of mating cables, power supplies, and other accessory products is available.
SS-EC drives support CANopen over EtherCAT (CoE) control to allow them to be integrated into new and existing EtherCAT networks. Supported CiA 402 operating modes include Profile Position, Profile Velocity, Profile Torque, Cyclic Synchronous Position, and Cyclic Synchronous Velocity.
Stored Program Execution
Applied Motion provides specific CANopen objects for executing Q programs stored in an SS-EC drive’s non-volatile memory. However, stored Q programs in an SS-EC drive can only be accessed via the EtherCAT network by request from the master controller. SS-EC drives cannot run Q programs stand-alone.
EtherCAT® is a registered trademark and patented technology, licensed by Beckhoff Automation GmbH, Germany.