We are pleased to introduce the TSM14POE StepSERVO™ Integrated Motor with Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality. The TSM14POE is a unique, single-cable solution for motion control applications requiring minimal wiring and a small footprint. By combining power and Ethernet communications into a single connector, wiring to the integrated motor is greatly simplified and the motor can be mounted almost anywhere.
Complete Solution, Minimal Cabling
The TSM14POE StepSERVO™ Integrated Motor with PoE technology offers a complete motion control solution with a motor, encoder, drive, and controller combined in a single integrated motor package. Eliminating the need to connect motor power and feedback cables to an external motor controller, the integrated motor receives its power and Ethernet communications over a single, standard Ethernet cable (e.g. Cat6) for greater design modularity and installation simplicity.
Features and Benefits
The motor is built upon Applied Motion’s StepSERVO™ Closed Loop Stepper Technology, which provides numerous benefits over conventional, open-loop step motor systems including higher torque and greater efficiency.
- Compact size and integrated control electronics allow motor mounting almost anywhere.
- StepSERVO™ Technology provides greater torque, higher acceleration rates, better efficiency, decreased motor heating and less audible noise than traditional, open-loop step motor systems.
- Easily adapts to existing industrial Ethernet networks with support for common protocols such as EtherNet/IP and Modbus TCP.
- Compatible with standard Ethernet cables and readily available PoE+ switches and injectors that support the IEEE 802.3at Type 2 specification.
The NEMA 14 frame TSM14POE StepSERVO™ Integrated Motor features an integral 4096-count magnetic encoder for high position and velocity accuracy. On-board motion control using Applied Motion’s Q Programming language enables the motor to run motion control profiles on its own as well as programmatically react to messages received on the Ethernet network. Two connector options, X-coded M12 and modular RJ-45, permit the use of standard, widely available Ethernet cables.
- Download the TSM14POE datasheet (PDF): TSM14POE-Integrated-Motor-Datasheet-925-0024B.pdf
- Short article on What is PoE?.
- Video of demo: https://youtu.be/sOJw-oeYmm8
- Contact us to request pricing and samples.
Two TSM14POE StepSERVO™ Integrated Motors side-by-side.
Side-by-side TSM14POE integrated motors showing PoE connectors (RJ-45) on rear surface.
Rendering of TSM14POE with miniature planetary gearhead for increased torque output.