We are pleased to introduce the TSM14POE StepSERVO™ Integrated Motor with Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality. The TSM14POE is a unique, single-cable solution for motion control applications requiring minimal wiring and a small footprint. By combining power and Ethernet communications into a single connector, wiring to the integrated motor is greatly simplified and the motor can be mounted almost anywhere.
Commonly used in IT applications such as wireless access points, IP cameras and VoIP phones, PoE technology provides DC power and Ethernet communications over a single standard Ethernet cable, enabling innovative solutions for space-constrained and remote locations.
Complete Solution, Minimal Cabling
The TSM14POE StepSERVO™ Integrated Motor with PoE technology offers a complete motion control solution with a motor, encoder, drive, and controller combined in a single integrated motor package. Eliminating the need to connect motor power and feedback cables to an external motor controller, the integrated motor receives its power and Ethernet communications over a single cable for greater design modularity and installation simplicity.
Features and Benefits
The motor is built upon Applied Motion’s StepSERVO™ Closed Loop Stepper Technology, which provides numerous benefits over conventional, open-loop step motor systems including higher torque and greater efficiency.
- Compact size and integrated control electronics allow motor mounting almost anywhere.
- StepSERVO™ Technology provides greater torque, higher acceleration rates, better efficiency, decreased motor heating, and less audible noise than traditional, open-loop step motor systems.
- Easily adapts to existing industrial Ethernet networks with support for common protocols such as Modbus TCP.
- Compatible with standard Ethernet cables and readily available PoE+ switches and injectors that support the IEEE 802.3at Type 2 specification.
The NEMA 14 frame TSM14POE StepSERVO™ Integrated Motor features an integral 4096-count magnetic encoder for high position and velocity accuracy. On-board motion control using Applied Motion’s Q Programming language enables the motor to run motion control profiles on its own as well as programmatically react to messages received on the Ethernet network. Two connector options, X-coded M12 and modular RJ-45, permit the use of standard, widely available Ethernet cables.
- Download the TSM14POE datasheet (PDF): TSM14POE-Integrated-Motor-Datasheet-925-0024A.pdf
- Contact us to request pricing and samples.
Two TSM14POE StepSERVO™ Integrated Motors side-by-side.
Side-by-side TSM14POE integrated motors showing PoE connectors (RJ-45) on rear surface.
Rendering of TSM14POE with miniature planetary gearhead for increased torque output.